Santa, or possibly my wife-to-be, left me a nice little benchtop drillpress under the Christmas tree, along with a pair of sawhorses.
I don’t have a lot of spare bench space though so spent part of this afternoon building it a stand. I took the opportunity to use up some spare pine, some of which was originally in the mobile pegboard wall that I dismantled some months ago.
First I cut four legs to length, using the mitre saw at first, then my jigsaw when the mitre saw started playing up. Then I cut four longer crosspieces, and assembled two sides, using butt joints. Glue and screws held everything together. One of the sides is shown below.
Once the two sides were built, I cut four shorter crosspieces and used them to join the two sides together, making an open sided box.
More photos to come when I get more time!