The finished breadboard

Once the glue dried, I cut the ends straight across with the jigsaw as shown below

After that, I ran a roundover bit on the edges with a router, and gave it a good sand. There’s a bit of tearout still that I couldn’t quite get out, next time I will know to make sure the grain all goes one way.

The final step was to give it a coat of food safe oil. I used canola spray and rubbed it in well, let it dry then wiped it off, then repeated. It came up quite well I think.

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s